No matter how much you plan and how detailed your day, wedding day mishaps are bound to happen. Everyone should have an emergency kit handy on the day of an important event. These “just in case” items have been known to save the day on more than one occasion.
As a Wedding Planner I would not show up without it. However, the emergency kit is not just a necessity for Wedding Planners, it is also a great thing for a bride to have on her big day!
But if you’re the kind of bride who prefers to do it herself, there’s no shame in gathering the essentials yourself, especially because you’re more likely to know exactly what you might need (or want, however specific or irrational) in a pre-wedding emergency.
This list covers just the contingency supplies, since we hope you’d never leave out your makeup, bottled water, or phone on the big day. Pack up your kit in a tote bag and keep it easily accessible throughout the evening.
1. Mini sewing kit with scissors, needles, thread, buttons, and safety pins: For those “make it work” moments.
3. Nail polish (one clear top coat; one in the shade you’re wearing) and a nail file: Polish chips and stocking runs don’t stand a chance.
4. Tissues: For those happy tears!
5. Mini first aid kit with Band-Aids, burn relief, liquid bandages, and antiseptic: Safety first!
7. Deodorant: Chances are, someone probably forgot to use it in the morning.
8. Straws: So the bride can stay hydrated without ruining her lipstick.
10. Stain remover pen: For spills and would- be stains on the dresses.
12. Lighter: For sealing the edge of frayed ribbons.
15. Eye drops: Don’t let red eyes ruin your beauty prep! (Side note: if the bride wears contacts, make sure she brings an extra pair, contact solution, and a case.)
17. Toothbrush and toothpaste: It’s not uncommon for a bride to be so excited when she wakes up that she forgets to brush her teeth.
18. Extra earring backs: You never know when those little things will go missing.
And remember, “Weddings By Totally Tanya“ always has your back!
If you are interested in hiring a wedding planner look no further than Weddings By Totally Tanya.
Call today on 0524402778